March 2006 News
- ORD Workshop in May
- Manager and staff training
- Dingoes and cattle
- Gouldian finches
Manager training and ongoing self-education: Can we afford not to do it? Staff training and education: One thing that costs a business more than training staff and then having them leave, is not training them and having them stay…
- 22/23 March 2006 Session 2 (old group – Oct 2005)
- 24/25/26/27 March 2006 Session 1 (new group – new starters)
COODARDIE STATION, NT. Tel.: 08 – 8975 4460
- After 20 years on Kachana we sight our first Gouldian Finch in April 2005 at the “Alligator Airways Island of Biodiversity”.
- To date the season has been kind to us, but we will not count our chickens before they hatch. The August 2005 wildfire dramatically impacted the effectiveness of our water-cycle; We have had sufficient growth of vegetation to begin working with our animals again, but we estimate that it will take a few years to get the level of ground-cover back to what is needed for healthy soil-building.
- We have been getting a few questions about photos of dingoes with our cattle
- Early booking discounts for our Landscape Management Workshop:
Easier on your wallet and easier for us to plan and stage the event.
- Up for adoption: "Islands of Biodiversity"
- Expressions of interest sought for holistically minded couple/family.
Please contact: COODARDIE STATION, NT. Tel.: 08 – 8975 4460
- Introduction to our "Islands of Biodiversity"
- The Alligator Creek Island of Biodiversity
- Other Islands of Biodiversity
Breaking out of the prevailing paradigm is one thing…
But then try and tell somebody about it!
“Good intentions will never replace bad judgment.” S.C.
May the season be kind to you all.
Greetings from The Kachana Team in the heart of Australia’s Kimberley!